After making this just once, it is already one of my favorite recipes. It requires minimal work and the nachos are absolutely delicious, not to mention that they’re way healthier than normal nachos since you’re substituting chips for baked sweet potato.
Bake Time: 40 Minutes | Active Time: 20 Minutes
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cut into 1/8″ rounds
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 80z can black beans, rinsed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lime
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Peel and cut sweet potatoes into 1/8″ rounds and mix with oil, paprika, chili powder, salt, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes. Spread potatoes evenly on large, oiled baking pan (2 layers is okay) and bake for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are turning brown and getting crispy on the edges.
- While potatoes are baking, you have time to prepare the rest of the ingredients; cut the green onions, cilantro, avocado, and bell pepper and rinse the black beans. When the potatoes are ready, take them out of the oven (don’t turn the oven off!) and cover them with the green onions, bell pepper, and beans. Then return the pan to the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and cover the nachos in cheese. Return the pan to the oven and cook for another 5 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes. Serve with cilantro, avocado, salsa, and a squeeze of lime juice.